Friday, March 20, 2009

We're Here!


After 25+ hours, and various airports for us to find each other, we have arrived! The flights were uneventful, except for Jeff who was running a high fever and a nasty sore throat. We have been praying for him and he is amazingly feeling much better today. Imagine that! Thank you Lord for being our healer. I am sure Jeff will comment on that later. It is quite apparent to us that God wants to do some Kingdom things these next two weeks and the enemy is endeavoring to thwart it. We very much appreciate you stepping in the gap with your prayers.
So much flooding the brain already - the sites, the smells, the reunion with blessed brothers who are doing so much for the Kingdom. We were greeted by Samson who now oversees 1500 pastors just in this region. In the last 10 years, he and his pastors have baptized over 10,000 people. As we were traveling through one part of Hyderabad this afternooon, he informed us that 90% of the people there were muslim - and that's not to mention the huge percentage of hindu that are here. Okay I have to go study for tomorrow - I was supposed to help with a training tomorrow and now I am leading the class! Ah, the mission field. Love to all! gary

UNFORGETTABLE THINGS: The visual and olfactory overload of riding in a bus through the streets of Hyderabad... June walking too close to the oncoming trishaw taxis- thank you, guardian angels!... Food, fun, and fellowship with our hosts as we partake of the local dishes. Spicy... The sheer amount of people on the street today- and the fact that our Lord knows and loves everyone of them... The happenstance of seeing a production crew film a music video/Bollywood group of dancers in the garden park we visited... So many indelible sights and sounds, and that's just the first day! Dave

PLENTIFUL: the sights, sounds, smells and feelings are plentiful, colorful and diverse. The people are beautiful...very beautiful people. A land of plenty and a land of want...very much like my home I call the USA and yet so very different...what an amazing opportunity to love, serve and give. jeff

Greetings to my friends and family from Beth! Thank you for checking out the blog:

HE KNOWS THEM ALL BY NAME: I am struck over and over that the God of the universe knows everyone of the seven million, in this city, by name. He knows them, loves them and desires them to find Him. In the midst of the poverty, heat and crowds, I am overwhelmed that God is at work and alive. The pastors of India are working diligently to provide care and love for those who are lost. I am honored to be in the presence of these men and women.

ENTHUSIASTIC: What a great group of new friends, Pastor Gary, has included. We have connected and enjoyed each other's company in short order. In addition, I am thankful for our very modest accomodations, air conditioning and earplugs! Finally, I am thankful for the opportunity to serve God on this mission equip the saints that are impacting the next generation.
P.S. I want to note that the shopping values (near our hotel) are amazing,the food is so yummy and the Indian children - gorgeous. I am already smiling and laughing - alot! Tune in tomorrow after our teaching session...!
Beth xo

Hey All! I figured if I did not write at least a little and everyone else did, I would be in hot water with some of you. After today, since we can, Dave and I will tag team off. He will update and the next time I will.
MY UNFORGETTABLE THINGS: Yes, not paying attention and forgetting that the traffic comes from the other direction here and almost being rickshaw road kill. thank you Lord and Dave and Gary's yelling. The number of children begging on the street. People knocking on our bus windows and asking for money. But the most unforgetable is the woman with a newborn in her arms following me in downtown Hydrabad and as I walk, she grabs my arm. I asked our host to teach me how to disearn who and when. "Jesus saying take care of the orphans and widows." Many...many.

Signing off for tonight - at least the clock says it is 11:45 and it is dark out!

No comments:

Post a Comment